May 25, 2011

Kitchen Carnage

OMG.. Today's F&N Practical Examination was outrageous!! There was a total chaos!! For me, at least.. Four dishes.. I think I failed in all of them. The chicken pie, the fillings, instead of juicy creamy chicken, was some dried-up chicken. The chicken masala was filled with tiny black dots, which turns out to be charred shallots. Kuah dadar, 125g of rice flour and 25g of corn flour, I think I wasted about 65% of them trying to figure out how to make the batter round shaped during frying. With the help of my teacher, I managed to have two successful pancakes.. AND THE WORST OF ALL.. The carrot cake! Well, the preparation of carrot cake was pretty successful.. But somehow after steaming it for 2 hours, ITS STILL NOT COOKED. You see, that was the first dish I'd prepared, and after I'd finished all my other dishes, it still reminds as the way it was before I putted it in the steamer. Its DISGUSTING. And the teacher forced to bring back home.. And ofcourse, it still goes into the bin not long after it reached my home. Honesty, not only my time management is bad in the practical examination, I'd also wasted a lot of food.. But the thing is, I think the photos will turn out good :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.