December 11, 2011

The lonely top

I've just finished "Queen Seon Duk". I'm glad I'd bought the DVD.. The drama is seriously one of the best I've ever seen. In fact, it's better than "The Legend" without even having to put in special effects. The drama is not only entertaining and exciting, it also teaches us valuable life lessons. It also helped me realise the importance of our history, and the struggle our forefathers had put through in those era. When I watch the drama, I could feel every single emotions that lies in it. Lee Yo Won portrayed the character, dukman perfectly. I love how dukman and lady mishil always challenging each other in such logical way, exchanging wise words. I absolutely love how dukman always smile at lady mishil when she won a battle, in such a way that she is mocking her. Lady mishil deserve that as she is a villain. However, lady mishil isn't that bad.. she got her soft side, which makes me sympathize her when she dies. The battle between dukman and lady mishil was epic. The drama became a little bit dull after lady mishil died, since I hate seeing bidam becoming so skeptical and ends up betraying dukman. I hate to say this but dukman should not have spared lady mishil's man; they corrupted bidam which leads to the tragic ending. The ending was a sad one, but also a meaningful one. Usually, I would hate to see the main character die, like Dong Yi.. But this is appropriate since dukman died during the period too. The part where bidam walk towards dukman while engaging her soiders was extremely emotional. He was so foolish, loving someone.. yet those bastard won't leave him alone.. They made him turn against someone he loves. How curel is that? I'd also felt the pain and loneliness of a king. A king who needs to shoulder the burden of a nation, a king who can neither trust or doubt, a king who has no name besides the title "your majesty". That is why there shouldn't be a female king.. because the pain is too much for a female.. It's really too curel. I leanred alot of things from this drama.. and felt alot..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.