It's been two weeks since I've started on Poly. I love the life here.. I've meet a few good friends already, and I gonna say that I'm lucky enough to find them so quickly. Making friends ain't hard at all, but making the right friends can be pretty difficult. I made a few friends in the orientation camp, and I'm still in contact with them although we don't see each other frequently in school, since we're not in the same course. I've made three good friends in my course.. All four of us watches animes, therefore we got a lot of topics to talk about. In other words, we're all nerds and we suit each other just fine. They are all very nice people, so I feel really comfortable around them. There are other nice people in my course, but they are too loud at times and too hyper, making me few uneasy. On the other hand, I met a girl from my group during my orientation camp. She's a very quiet, reserved and gentle kind of girl. She's also very kind and hence for the first time I felt very comfortable around a girl. We still meet up for certain events after the camp, although she's from a different course. We still chat via facebook or phone. I'm glad we became friend and girl like her is very rare to find these days. I cherish our friendship and hopefully she does, too. Currently, I only have a class everyday, and compared to other courses, my course can be said to be VERY slack. Well, for now at least, since I'd be starting on my second class on week 5. My current class, design fundamental... Well, I say it's really kinda boring. We learn drawing, sketching, shading.. everyday a different method. From line work and layout to pencil shading to perspective drawing to reserve drawing to charcoal drawing to pen and ink shading... Tell me how in the world can I keep up. There are people who took art during their secondary school years and they can shade and draw freaking well. Me... on the other hand, draws like shit. Drawing wasn't really my passion since young. It was just my hobby, and I draw cartoons and stuff. Realistic drawing is a different story. I say current I'm best at drawing using charcoal. Still, my course is Moving Images.. Drawing shouldn't be very important. Thus, I tend to think that this module isn't exactly important. but nevertheless, I'll try my best!
Some of my charcoal drawings:
My very first charcoal drawing done in class
This one was done today, a charcoal drawing of Gandhi, dedicated to Shiddu, my secondary school friend.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.